Chatsworth, CA (2017 – Present)
Technical Support Prompting Engineer
- Contribute support to a wide range of broadcast digital systems and audio-visual equipment mainly focused on prompting and robotic manual and robotic camera support products.
- Providing technical support over the phone, via email or by remote connection.
- Research client’s issues in a timely manner and follow up with customer recommendations and action plans.
- Participate in weekly team meetings, discuss firmware and software updates, ask questions and provide input on case backlog, technical process, and new processes within the department.
Glendale, CA (2016 – 2017)
Video QC Technician
- Perform routine quality control inspections, maintenance and basic repairs on all terminal video gear being rented. Ensuring equipment is in working/functional order before being booked to the next client.
- Primary responsibilities include audio/video processing equipment and includes large production switchers, basic lighting, projection and camera support.
- Providing technical assistance over the phone or on set for internal/external clients. Assisting in monitor and switcher preps in house and providing unique solutions to production crews when such questions/scenarios are presented.
- Data entry; logging equipment condition and repairs or other shared device notes.
Los Angeles, CA (2015 – 2017)
Live Board Operator
Board Operator for KTNQ 1020 AM using Zatta Systems
- Maintain studio equipment, logs, run commercials, answer hot-line (phone). Maintain format of station. Assist with coordination of on-air events. Maintain open communication with staff. Regular and timely attendance when scheduled to work. Abides by organizational norms and supports organizational goals. Ability to remain calm and professional through stressful live circumstances. Persists and finishes projects under deadlines. Follows instructions and well defined procedures, as well as take steps necessary to prevent mistakes.
- Maintain and operate studio equipment, logs, run commercials, answer hot-line, regulate program and commercial timing, operate live and syndicated programming.
- Assist with coordination of on-air events and maintain open communication with staff.
- Follow applicable laws and FCC regulations.
TVG Network/Betfair US
Los Angeles, CA (2008 – 2016)
Tape/Server/Feed Operator/ Live Master Control Operator
Playback and feed Operator, monitor and troubleshoot on air operations for TVG Network and Horse Racing TV
- Orchestrated live show elements for TVG. Responsibilities included reviewing and verifying commercial playback logs, coordination of commercial breaks in conjunction with ESPN, note all discrepancies. Loading program and commercial files, managing break content, timing recorded programming, and overseeing outgoing signal for content and quality. Communicated with engineering daily to report discrepancies and vet engineering work-flows
- Setup and operate different types of video/audio recording and playback devices simultaneously as well as taking direction from control room personnel for content playback during live broadcasts.
- Maintain and operate video server equipment, videotape records/players, satellite receive equipment, signal transmission and monitoring equipment related to live, pre-recorded, studio and field production.
- Assist with coordination of satellite antenna and receive equipment as well as incoming and outgoing satellite and Telco feeds while adjusting video/audio signal levels for optimum quality.
Burbank, CA (2013 – 2015)
Media Fulfillment Coordinator
Responsible for all coordination of linear media delivery for Playboy’s international clients
- Create and maintain linear schedules and the timely fulfillment of media within the correct specifications along-side scheduling and post service departments to ensure proper and timely delivery of media to the appropriate platform
- Maintain day to day operations of linear/VOD media fulfillment and data entry into multiple databases
- Coordinate metadata generation for and delivery to domestic and international linear clients, Coordinate media transcodes and delivery for domestic and international linear client availability, Coordinate technical QC of transcoded material, spot check QC of adult content to ensure proper compliance and concatenation of media required, troubleshooting of linear related media, fulfillment, and on-air issues both internally and with play out facilities, coordinate delivery of all secondary events for linear platforms as necessary, possibly including but not limited to bugs, closed caption files, and subtitling files and support the supervisor and manager when testing with new potential affiliates.
Warner Bros. at GDMX
Inglewood, CA (2012 - 2013)
BOC and Ingest Technician
Monitor on air operations for CW Plus using Harris Media Air Client
- Managed Broadcast Origination Center for the assembly, integration and playback of all programming for the CW Television Network, The CW Plus Cable Network as well as daily programs and Ad Hoc Features for Warner Bros. Domestic Syndication, Warner Bros First Run Syndication and Third Party syndicators
- Structured playback, recording and monitoring of 10 HD/SD broadcast paths operating with overlapping and concurrent schedules
- Masterminded broadcast signals into transmission equipment for Broadcast and recording, knowledgeable of various formats of video tape machines, video servers, audio playback machines, video switchers/routing switchers and satellite receivers
- Generated digital ingest of programs, promos and commercials based on ingest schedule with video and audio technical specifications along with metadata for all ingested elements.
- Documented ingest and server issues in trouble ticket system and work with engineering personnel toward resolution.Perform digital watermarking for promos and monitor encode session
Handle phone calls/requests from clients, ad agencies and affiliates for information and re-feeds, etc. Perform technical QC of media delivered electronically. General operator duties included
Los Angeles, CA (2011 – 2012)
Network Operations Technician
Monitor and troubleshoot on air operations for E! Entertainment, Style Network and G4
- Spearheaded 16 international full-time channels: 6 originating out of master control and 10 remotely controlled channels.
- Directed playback of all digitized and live show elements for E! Entertainment. Responsibilities included reviewing and verifying commercial playback logs, inserting commercial breaks in conjunction with log requirements, note all discrepancies. Loading program and commercial files, managing break content, timing recorded programming, and overseeing outgoing signal for content and quality.
- Mentored and trained 4 operators in basic day to day studio workflow including technical hardware/software
Santa Monica, CA (2007 – 2009)
Master Control Operator
Monitor and troubleshoot on air operations LA18TV using Harris Media Air Client
- Managed one full-time channel originating out of master control, undertook playback of all digitized and live show elements for LA-18. Responsibilities included reviewing and verifying commercial playback logs, record satellite feeds, black out tapes, perform EAS tests, coordination of commercial breaks in conjunction with log requirements, note all discrepancies. Loading program and commercial files, managing break content, timing recorded programming, and overseeing outgoing signal for content and quality.
Burbank, CA (2007 – 2008)
Live Board Operator
Board Operator for KIIS FM 102.7 using Prophet System
- Controlled the mixing board for studio and remote programming, regulated timing of programs, operate syndicated programming play commercials, answer phones, take requests, run voice tracks, produced all on-air transitions following station format, arranging and playing commercials and IDs according to the program and commercial log, and following applicable laws and FCC regulations
- Intensified reviewing and verifying of commercial playback logs, inserting commercial breaks in conjunction with log requirements, note all discrepancies. Loading program and commercial files, managing break content, timing recorded programming, and overseeing outgoing signal for content and quality.
Burbank, CA (2007)
Board operator for Power106 and Movin 93.9 using The Scott System
- Assisted in producing Power 106's live show “Knowledge Is Power”
- Responsibilities included reading/researching and assessing ideas and scripts, help develop network contacts, liaise and discuss projects, ensure compliance with relevant regulations, codes of practice and health and safety laws, held workshops with director to brainstorm, board operated, edited segments and commercials for cross-promotion and other general studio duties.
EDUCATIONLos Angeles Recording School
Hollywood, CA (2005 - 2007)
900 Hr. Audio Recording Engineering Program
- Music Theory, Tracking and Mixing on various consoles incl. SSL 9000 K & 4000 G+, Neve VR, Digi Design Pro Control, Sony DMX R-100, Yamaha 02R 24/96, and Mackie
- DAW's including Pro-Tools HD for Tracking, Mixing, Editing, Mastering, Post-Production, and 5.1 Surround Sound Mixing
- Hands on training and lectures on Signal Flow, MIDI, Microphones, Live set-up, Patch bay Configuration, Outboard Equipment, Studer and Otari tape alignment, Foley, ADR and Post-Production, Soldering, Wire Construction, and Advanced Mixing Theory
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Technically proficient on Mac or PC
- 55 Words per minute
- Scott System/Prophet/Vox Pro/NexGen/Harris/Miranda/Xytech/IBMS/Final Cut Pro/Premiere experience
- Knowledgeable of FCC regulations
- Works well with minimum supervision
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Works well under pressure
- Great multi-tasker, detail and deadline oriented